Tuesday, December 6, 2016

I Pioneered in November!


In the month of November me and my mom pioneered! Some know I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses so if you are curious as to what pioneering means go to this link: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102012154

It was a wonderful experience! I did the special 30 hours but I would like to do it again! It’s not easy going to people’s doors but we are there to share a message about Jehovah God, his son Jesus and their Kingdom so it is the most important message to share and I am so glad to be part of it!

Though I don’t normally auxiliary or regular pioneer I do go out every week but I just don’t always pioneer. So I just wanted to share my experience in the pioneer work with my blog readers and blog followers.

The month flew by really fast but it was wonderful! I did however get a wound pretty early on, lol, all that happened was I misjudged getting back in the car and the door squeezed my arm and left a pretty nasty bruise. We did short days on Mondays and Thursdays but long days on Wednesdays and when the weather was good we took picnic lunches at the park and then went back out! It was so encouraging that so many others pioneered as well and so we got to have encouraging interchanges in the cars and on break.
 
At the end of the month there was a pioneer meeting with our Circuit Overseer and it was 1 hour long but it went by so fast and I didn’t want it to end. It was so encouraging and it had great lessons about the changes to our publications we’ve had and how through our changes we are reaching more people and how to make spiritual progress even more for us so we can help others. I’m usually not one for taking notes as I don’t have very legible handwriting and retain more from listening then notes but I wound up taking 4 ½ pages of notes at the pioneer meeting, lol, and it was legible and coherent thankfully! We had homemade ice cream and berries and donuts afterwards!

I would very much like to try pioneering again but for now I will wait until we can do the special 30 hours again and do that a few times before I try to do the 50 Auxiliary or 70 Regular pioneer hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment